I’ve always been a big fan of everything and anything made of glass and glass plates are no exception. So I went to the store and picked up a few glass plates I’ve been eyeing for a few weeks already.
With some coupons and a gift card the price could not be better. Just everything about those plates was perfect: the size, the shape and a lovely design. I felt like skipping around – that’s how happy I was with my latest purchase!
Then I came home. Still all excited I started unwrapping my precious new glass dinnerware to load it into a dishwasher and use it as soon as possible. That would be easy enough – if there weren’t three stickers on the face of every plate.
My nails worked well enough for removing the manufacturer’s label but the other two (white sticky labels) were really holding on to the smooth glass surface. I was beginning to get upset because I couldn’t remove the adhesive.
Then I remembered I was using baby oil a few weeks ago, to remove the sticky remains of painter’s tape from my desk. It worked well so it was worth a try. And it worked again. Scrubbing or rubbing the sticky residue with oil works just fine, it’s simple enough and it won’t damage the surface of glass.
Of course there are pretty pricey products out there to do the same job but with some common sense what to use on certain material, there are quite a few other things you can find in most every home, that can be used for removing remainders of sticky labels, different kinds of tapes and other adhesives:
- oil (vegetable or baby)
- distilled (white) vinegar
- rubbing alcohol or vodka
- lemon essential oil
- nail polish remover
- Goo Gone
- petroleum jelly – Vaseline
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- hair spray
Some people also recommend using utility knife or razor blade but I personally prefer to use one of the liquids from the list above, let it sit on a sticky residue for a couple of minutes and then wipe or rub the adhesive off. It really does work like a charm! 🙂
Oh, did I mention I bought some new glass plates? I’ll be using them for dinner tonight… 😉[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B00028M3N2″ cloaking=”default” layout=”left” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”dariaswoinfo-20″] [easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B004O22328″ cloaking=”default” layout=”left” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”dariaswoinfo-20″]Related articles:
- Glass -Glass is an amorphous non-crystal line solid material that exhibits a glass transition which is the reversible transition in.…
- Label -Pressure-sensitive label adhesives are commonly made from water based There are many different types of removable adhesives some are.…
- Blown plate glass -Blown plate is one of many types of hand-blown glass It is made from broad sheet glass by laboriously hand grinding and polishing both.…
- Adhesive -An adhesive is any substance that when applied to the surfaces of materials binds the surfaces together and resists separation The term.…
- Sticker -A sticker is a type of a piece of paper or plastic sticky on one side and usually with a design on the other. They can be used for.…
- Tips & Tricks, Housekeeping, Gardening, Bugs, daria-style.com